This is a great go to exercises whenever you are feeling bothered. Having negative, judgmental thoughts about yourself or about others, or feeling other people projecting not-so-nice thoughts toward you, is a sure way to drain your energy. You can use this exercise to release any negativity you’re holding: go ahead; get it all out! First, take a moment to assess your outlook on life, yourself, and others. Is it hopeful and positive? Is it negative? This is one of my favorite techniques when I need to change my outlook on life.
- Come into your favorite seated position, with your spine straight. If you are in a chair, bring both feet flat on the floor.
- Cup your hands in front of you, placing right hand over left. Eyes should be almost closed, looking at your hands.
- Inhale through the nose, thinking of the negative thoughts and feelings, then briefly hold the breath.
- Powerfully exhale through the mouth, blowing the negativity out over your hands.
- Continue for up to three minutes. Go ahead, blow it away!
- Inhale and hold your breath while squeezing and tightening every muscle of your body.
- Exhale, relax, and enjoy the effects.